PhD in Power Engineering Sciences, Power Engineering Faculty, Politehnica University of Bucharest (2012)
Research stage, Biological treatments applied to biomass, Civil Engineering Department, University of Trento, Italy (2012, 2011 and 2009)
Master degree in Engineering, Environmental Management, Power Engineering Faculty, Politehnica University of Bucharest (2011)
Diplomat engineer, Engineering and environmental protection in industry, Power Engineering Faculty, Politehnica University of Bucharest (2009)
Erasmus Scholarship, Bachelor’s degree, Civil Engineering Department, University of Trento, Italy (2009)
Assistant lecturer, Measurement of non-electric units; Energetic agents transport; Heat and mass transfer; Renewable energy sources; Numerical methods; Environmental systems management; Reducing flue gas emissions and waste management, Renewable energy sources; Thermo-chemical energetic processes; Power plants environmental impact; Life cycle assessment of environmental impact, Department of Energy Production and Use, Power Engineering Faculty, Politehnica University of Bucharest (2009-2012)
Researcher, Research project: PN II “Operational technology line for waste to high quality
syngas and power conversion”, Politehnica University of Bucharest
Resercher in training, Research project CNCIS-TE 89 “Thermo-chemical sequential pyro-gasification processes applied to low caloric organic waste for power generation”, Politehnica University of Bucharest
- Mărculescu C., Ciută S., Wine industry waste thermal processing for derived fuel properties improvement (2013), Ren. Eng., vol. 57, 645–652.
- Ciută S., Torretta V., Trulli E., Apostol T. (2012). Comparison between two cases study on water kiosks, U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series D, vol. 74, n. 4, 211-218, ISSN 1454-2358.
- Ciută S., Schiavon M., Chistè A., Ragazzi M., Rada E.C., Tubino M., Badea A., Apostol T. (2012). Role of feedstock transport in the balance of primary PM emissions in two case-studies: RMSW incineration vs. sintering plant. U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series D, vol. 74, n. 1, 211-218, ISSN 1454-2358.
- Ciută M.S., Mărculescu C., Dincă C., Badea A. (2011). Primary characterization of wine making and oil refining industry wastes. U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series C, vol. 73, n. 3, 307-320, ISSN 1454-234x.
- Mărculescu C., Ciută M.S. (2011). Biomass stabilisation and combustibility improvement by thermal processes. EEA, vol. 59, nr. 2, ISSN 1582-5175.
- Ragazzi M., Ciută S., Rada E.C., Marculescu C., Badea A. (2012). Conventional and alternative thermal treatment methods applied to wine making industry wastes for power generation in IV International Symposium on Energy from Biomass and Waste, Padova: CISA Publisher, 2012, p. 1-7, ISBN: 9788862650069. Proceedings of: Venice 2012, San Servolo, Venezia.
- Rada E.C., Ionescu G., Ragazzi M., Marculescu C., Ciută S. (2012). Integrated Municipal Solid Waste System applied to a Romanian metropolitan case-study, in Sustainable Technology for Environmental Protection, Milano: ANDIS, 1-4. Proceedings of: SIDISA2012, International Symposium of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering, 9th Edition & Italian-Brazilian Symposium of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering, 11th Edition, Milano, Italy, ISBN: 9788890355721.
- Ciută S., Rada E.C., Ragazzi M., Marculescu C., Badea A., Ionescu G. (2012). Wine making industry wastes biodegradable properties characterization for biogas conversion, in 4th International Conference on Engineering for Waste and Biomass Valorisation, Porto, Portugal, p. 1224-1229, ISBN: 9791091526005.
- Ciută S., Torretta V., Trulli E., Apostol T. (2012). Comparison between two cases study on water kiosks, International Conference on Innovation and Collaboration in Engineering Research, Bucharest, Romania.
- Apostol T., Ciută S., Rusu V. (2012). Urban and rural MSW streams characterization for separate collection improvement, Symposyium on Urban Mining, Bergamo, Italy.
- Ionescu G., Ciută S., Badea A., Ragazzi M., Rada E.C., Marculescu C., Apostol T. (2011). Thermal option for energy recovery from two organic substrates: grape and residual sunflower seeds, in Waste management in Developing Countries and Transient Economies, [Thessaloniki]: [Aristotle University of Thessaloniki], 1-7. Proceedings of: 1st International Conference on W.D.C.T.E.,, Mauritius.
- Ciută S., Rada E.C., Badea A., Ragazzi M., Ast F., Marculescu C., Apostol T. (2011). An innovative approch for grape marc treatment: biodrying before combustion, in Mechanical biological waste treatment and material recovery facilities, Gottingen: Cuvilier Verlag, 284-289. IV International Symposium MBT and MRF, Hannover, Germany.
- Modinger F., Ast F., Ragazzi M., Rada E.C., Ciută S., Campostrini C., Badea A., Ionescu G. (2011). Exhausted grape marc biodrying: a pilot scale experimentation, in XIII International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium, Padova: CISA-Environmental Sanitary Engineering Centre, 1-6. Proceedings of: Sardinia 2011, S. Margherita di Pula (Cagliari), Italy.
- Ionescu G., Ciută S. (2011). Energy analysis of pyrolysis with external heat input from waste packaging fractions, in International Scientific Reasearch and Experimental Development , Paris: WASET, 851-857. Atti di: World Academy of Science, Engineering
- Andreottola G., Ciută S., Badea A., Ragazzi M., Apostol T., Rada E.C., Zandonai M. (2010). Energetic potential analysis of Romanian winery industry waste, in VENICE 2010, Third International Symposium on Energy from Biomass and Waste, Padova: CISA Publisher, 1-8.
- Badea A., Ciută S.,Stan C., Marculescu C. (2010). Waste to combined heat and power generation in wine industry field, in Recent Advances in Energy and Environment Technologies and Equipment, Proceedings of the International Conference EEETE`10, 248-252.
- Ciută S.M., Fiori L., Rada E.C., Ragazzi M., Apostol T. (2009). A proposal for spent grape marc exploitation in Romania, in 4th International Conference on ENERGY and ENVIRONMENT, Bucuresti: POLITEHNICA Press. Proceedings of: CIEM 2009, Bucharest, Romania.
Description of Research:
The literature shows contradictory data respect to energy change happening inside biomass sample during thermal treatment. Different DTA/TG studies in the present literature show either exothermic or endothermic reactions happening inside of biomass samples. For being able to correlate the temperature profiles with the actual energy change taking place inside of biomass particles respect to the reactions happening at its surface, inside particle gas sampling measurement has been proposed.
My research provides better understanding of pyrolysis kinetics, through the correlation of pyrolysis gas composition with reaction heat. To our knowledge, this is the first time gas sampling measurements inside of a sample have been made.
This innovative research comes as support for extensive kinetic study of biomass decomposition during non-oxidant thermal treatments.